Saturday, October 7, 2023

Check to See if You Have Unclaimed Money from Old Retirement Accounts

In recent (fairly), I was contacted by Vanguard retirement regarding $2,000+ owed to me that I was not aware of. I was told in the letter that I received via the United States Postal Service that the account had existed for a while or a couple of years since my departure from FedEx Express and since I'd withdrawn what I thought was the remaining balance in the account and that Vanguard had unsuccessfully attempted to contact me about it...

The letter further informed that if Vanguard was not able to find me that my money would be turned over to the state. They were able to locate my current address (from the post office, perhaps), which is a change from my address at the time that I was aware of the account during my employment with FedEx for four years.

There is a possibility that funds are continuing to accrue for you from any retirement account that you've had at any previous full-time job and/or from any job that you've had that offered benefits (401k... specifically). 

....Imagine the amount of money you could possibly have if you left that full-time or job with benefits many years ago and you did not cash out or roll over all of your funds to an Individual Retirement Account (IRA...). Those few dollars and/or cents that were left in your account and/or funds that your employer may have continued contributing to the account for any specified period of time post your employment may have grown into a very substantial amount of money by now...

Meetbeagle.com is a website via which you can locate any such account(s) for a small fee. There are a number of others, some of which are free, that you can locate by conducting a Google search. Pick one or more and give it a try. You might be pleasantly surprised... 

No comments:

Post a Comment