Saturday, October 16, 2021

My Fourth and Final Year at FedEx Express

This year marks my fourth and final year at FedEx Express. I became formally employed for the company on July 29, 2017. On the stated date of this year, I arrived at my personal goal of working for the company for this specific length of time. Yes, I wanted to prove that I could endure the challenge, and, trust me, it was a challenge. 

My primary objective was to study FedEx and articulate improvements to the establishment that would streamline processes and lighten workloads for employees, improvements that other similar companies can mimic. 

I believe that I was predestined to do just this. Amusingly, both I and FedEx Express were born here in Memphis, Tennessee in April of 1973, the very month and year that the company officially began operations and my name, Yolanda, means purple flower (amusing considering FedEx's purple promise). Yes, my FedEx encounter was a sheer miracle.

I'll never forget the astounding campus of airplanes or any of the good-looking men like Officer Tate in security (one of my FedEx crushes) who made the company view even more spectacular. 
 
Though I never received my stayed-with-the-company-more-than-a-year award that I'd still like to receive to commemorate the accomplishment, September 12, 2021 was officially my last day at FedEx Express. Yep. I made it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment