Sunday, August 27, 2017

Shiftgig, a Staffing Agency that is Similar to a Concept that I Contrived for a World-wide, All-Industry and All-Shift Extemporaneous Staffing Agency/Website

Shiftgig is similar to a concept that I contrived for a world-wide, all-industry substitute employment system. Shiftgig is limited in scope, however, considering that the system that I have in mind would be an agency that all or most companies in the world would subscribe to on a when-needed basis, and without said agency monopolizing the staffing industry. When I contrived the concept that I have in mind, I thought of the many times that I was required to serve as a 3rd shift acting lead Residential Advisor at the Atlanta Job Corps Center on my supervisor's off nights. Acting lead meant not only being the ultimate decision-maker on shift, it also meant providing coverage for the succeeding shift if there were any call-offs. There were frequent call-offs, and on any occasions that I could not secure coverage I'd have to stay over until one of my un-scheduled superiors arrived to relieve me. I also thought of the SmartFind Express system that I'd utilized to accept assignments as a substitute paraprofessional, and how a system of this sort could benefit around the clock establishments...

The world-wide, all-industry substitute employment system/agency and website that I have in mind would, preferably, be owned and managed by the Department of Labor, though, of course, other similar agencies, like Shiftgig, that specialize in providing instantaneous staffing for specific industries could certainly co-exist with the prescribed initiative.

The reason that the mega venture that I have in mind should be owned/managed by the Department of Labor is its potential to reel in mega revenues in terms of either fees that it could optionally* collect from the companies and authorized individuals (i.e. those seeking lawn services, painting, etc.) that it would provide workers to and/or it could make a fortune via the prescribed website itself via email marketing, Google Adsense, and/or other forms of monetization. The revenues that the Department of Labor would generate could be invested into unemployment payments to workers who are between jobs and on the likely very few occasions that it (DOL) would not be capable of matching them with employers through the prescribed system. They could also be utilized to purchase and provide resources like computers, etc. to individuals who would most benefit from outsourced or work-from-home opportunities. The revenues could also be utilized to create global employment opportunities, i.e. government-owned businesses that would generate a perpetual cycle of profit (under the banner of non-profit organizations), employment, and human resources.

No comments:

Post a Comment