Monday, August 24, 2015

Job Corps Should Maintain and Make Records Readily Available for All of its Students/Alumni

Shortly after graduating from high school and winning a grand prize $10,000 scholarship for writing an essay my senior year, I decided to enroll in Job Corps to explore collegiate options in Atlanta. During the exploration process, I completed a Business Clerical diploma, which I utilized to acquire my very first full-time job as a receptionist/concierge or PBX Switchboard Operator...

Throughout the years, I’d been able to acquire my record of attendance and graduation from Job Corps from the records department at the Atlanta center. When I more recently requested a copy of my Job Corps Business Clerical diploma, which I’d lost during a period of transition, I was told that my records no longer existed due to the length of time ago it was that I’d been enrolled/graduated from the program…

I went on to additionally graduate from Atlanta Metropolitan College, and reached the door of graduating from Georgia State University before having to abruptly leave during what would have been my final semester, due to an abusive experience.

I am capable of acquiring my records, at any time, from Atlanta Metropolitan College and Georgia State University. I even fairly recently acquired, for a reasonable fee, my comprehensive Memphis City Schools transcript, which demonstrates all from first grade through my senior year that I graduated from high school.

Just as I and all or most students are capable of acquiring much older public school records, I and all students should be capable of acquiring academic records and duplicates of diplomas from any and all attended schools, including Job Corps, for employment and other relevant purposes…

No comments:

Post a Comment